INFANT AND TODDLER COMMUNITY
This program aims to....
• provide a safe, engaging and nurturing environment for the child
• promote trust in themselves and their world
• develop confidence in their emerging abilities
• develop gross motor coordination, fine motor skills, and language skills
• offer opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks
The Infant Centre supports children aged 6 months to 18 months. It is facilitated by a certified zero to three Montessori care-giver, usually referred to as an "Assistant to Infancy". She is supported by two other adults.
The toddler program is designed for children 18months to 3 years of age, to assist the child during this special period of growth. It provides children of this age with an opportunity to explore new relationships with friends and to interact with adults in a loving and nurturing environment. As part of their early Montessori experience, toddlers are introduced to age-appropriate Montessori materials and invited to make choices from a variety of activities that support their developmental interests and needs. Outdoor play is a part of the daily routine.
The following curriculum areas are present in the infant/toddler classroom :
• Practical Life - to instill a desire to care for oneself, for others and for the environment, leading to a strong sense of social awareness and responsibility.
• Sensorial – to develop and refine the senses enabling each child to increase understanding and awareness of his or her environment.
• Language - to assist in the effective development of the four main skills of listening and speaking, reading and writing.
• Mathematics - to develop a concrete understanding of numbers, patterns, quantities, etc. building a strong foundation and confidence in computational and problem solving activities.
• Cultural - to provide an opportunity to experience and discover ideas and concepts in Geography, History, and Sciences including Zoology and Botany, as well as a general understanding of the world as a unique and cyclical phenomena.
White light Montessori School
No 7a Akin Ogunlewe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
.....Strong foundations last forever
Like our page? Share it!!!
WHITE LIGHT MONTESSORI SCHOOL